We, GM Coachwork, developed the ground breaking lightweight minibus drawing from our 25 years of experience culminating in the creation of a new vehicle concept. As a relatively new development of the traditional school minibus, lightweight minibuses have attracted much attention. To this end we have compiled a few facts to set the records straight:
- A lightweight minibus is no less safe than its heavier counterpart. All minibuses, irrespective of their weight, (or how they were built) are prone to the same risks if they are overloaded with heavier passengers or luggage.
- Indeed, a lightweight minibus is more likely to have a greater payload than a more conventional bus due to the lightweight materials used in its construction.
- Minibus Lite is a fully Type Approved vehicle.
- GM Coachwork are an ISO9001 accredited minibus manufacturer, with over 25 years experience of supplying minibuses on a nationwide basis to charities, councils and over 1000 schools.
- GM Coachwork are approved by manufacturers including Peugeot, Volkswagen, Vauxhall, Citroen and Renault to manufacture a range of type approved minibuses and special purpose vehicles.
- GM Coachwork produce over 1000 vehicles per year in their purpose built manufacturing facilities.
- GM are a minibus manufacturer, not a convertor.
- GM are a Peugeot approved minibus producer.
- All our minibuses are produced in two purpose-built factories dedicated to the manufacture of minibuses.
If you have any further questions regarding the safety or legality of our Type Approved minibuses we would be delighted to answer them. Just give us a ring on 0845 0760961.